Humane Society of Central Texas
2032 Circle Rd. * Waco, TX 76706 * 254-754-1454
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Central Texas
is committed to improving the quality of life for animals
and people in Central Texas through humane sheltering,
community education and advocacy on behalf of all animals.
Humane Society of Central Texas Internship Positions may include the following responsibilities:
· Writing press releases.
· Writing web content.
· Editing stories and press releases.
· Assisting with event marketing.
· Working with others on collaborative campaigns.
· Promoting Humane Society of Central Texas events, campaigns and promotions.
· Project Planning.
· Following Event Budget.
· Pet Videos.
· Uploading website content.
· Developing Social Media.
· Assisting with data entry, filing and organization.
If selected as a Humane Society of
· Keep a positive attitude!
· Meet deadlines!
· Follow Instructions!
· Be dependable!
· Be detail-orientated and proof your own work before submitting.
· Proactively notify us if you are running late or must miss an appointment.
· Help with organization of the development department.
· Use best judgment in all situations.
· Work well with a diversified group of people.
· Be a self-starter and work well with minimal supervision.
· Offer ideas and suggestions.
· Know when to ask for help if you need it.
· Lead by example.
· Be willing to compromise and accept “constructive criticism.”
· Respect the confidentiality of shelter information.
· Take care of any equipment or documents entrusted to you.
· Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by your professor and/or assignments (if applicable).