Humane Society of Central Texas
2032 Circle Rd. * Waco, TX 76706 * 254-754-1454
OUR MISSION: The Humane Society of Central Texas is committed to improving
the quality of life for animals and people in Central Texas through
humane sheltering, community education and advocacy on behalf of all animals.
WHAT SHOULD I DO FIRST IF I HAVE LOST A PET?
Our "Waco Humane Society" Facebook page
helped reunite this petowner with her pet!
1. CONTACT THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF CENTRAL TEXAS, 254-754-1454 to record your information on our Lost Pet Report Log at the front desk. We can't help you if we don't know your pet is lost!
2. Contact CenTexLost Pets.
http://www.centexlostpets.org/ This is a great resource for helping lost and found pets.
3. SUBMIT A LOST PET FLYER. We have no-cost flyers available in our lobby at the Humane Society of Central Texas, 2032 Circle Road (behind Rudy's). If possible, bring your own printed photo that you can attach to the Lost Pet flyer – a pet’s photo helps increase your chances of finding your pet.
4. FACEBOOK IT! With a very large Facebook following, we have had MANY lost/found pet reunions! "Humane Society of Central Texas"
5. POST COPIES OF LOST PET FLYER.
Post Lost Pet flyers at vet offices, convenience stores and other high-traffic businesses near your home, and also to hand out to your neighbors! Post the LOST PET poster to your vehicle's windows for more exposure! KNOCK ON NEIGHBORS' DOORS... PETS ARE USUALLY FOUND WITHIN A SHORT DISTANCE OF THEIR HOME.
6. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL IMMEDIATELY!
Ask if they picked up your animal, and if they brought the animal to the Humane Society of Central Texas or some other facility. Most cities are contracted with us, but a few are not.
7. COME TO THE SHELTER EVERYDAY!
You are still responsible for coming to the shelter to look for your pet. We can take in hundreds of animals and you are the best one to ID your own pet!
8. NEWSPAPER ADS.
There is a charge to run LOST PETS ads, but some people have had luck! Many people still run to the newspaper when they find a pet.
9. POSTING ONLINE.
Check or post online at free sites like Craigslist.com, but be wary of scammers. As a safety measure, when posting a LOST PET, you are welcome to use our shelter as a meeting place to pick up the pet: 2032 Circle Road. You can also post and check for your pet at www.CentexLostPets.org .
10. MICROCHIPS SAVE LIVES! Be sure all your pets are microchipped. We offer low-cost microchip ($20 plus tax) for ANY pet in Central Texas!
REMEMBER: A spayed or neutered pet is LESS LIKELY to roam, run away, get in fights with other pets or people, and is typically a healthier, happier pet. You also won’t have to worry about a new litter of puppies or kittens! Please spay or neuter your pet!