ADOPTING A PET
We hope that your adoption process is as simple as possible. We want to focus on getting you the right pet for your home, so we keep the forms and paperwork to a minimum.
- Make an appointment to come visit the shelter. You'll also fill out a quick interest form to tell us more about you and the pet's future living situation. This helps us find you the best pet. Appointments aren't required, but they save you time when you come visit.
APPOINTMENT & MATCHMAKING INTEREST FORM
- Meet our pet matchmaking team and let them find you the best pet for your home.
- If your pet is already spayed/neutered, it can go home the same day!
BEFORE YOU ADOPT
- Prepare your home for a pet. Pets need food, water, toys, bedding, collars and leashes. Consider having items on-hand ahead of time.
- Make a list of what you’d like in a pet. For instance, would you like to take an animal on walks or a pet that can sit in your lap and cuddle?
- Pet adoption is a big responsibility that should not be taken lightly. Commit yourself to providing a good home for the animal.
- Give your pet time to adapt to its new family and be patient.
Pets under 1 year old are $75
Pets 1 year and over are $50 each
All pets leaving the shelter are spayed/neutered, micro-chipped, and vaccinated
Who We Are
We are contracted by the City of Waco to provide adoption, rescue and foster opportunities for the homeless animals at the Waco Animal Shelter, as well as community education regarding responsible pet ownership. Donate today to support our lifesaving programs!
THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF CENTRAL TEXAS IS A PROUD RECIPIENT OF FUNDING FROM MADDIE'S FUND®, HELPING TO ACHIEVE A NO-KILL NATION #THANKSTOMADDIE.