HSCTX is OPEN during the COVID-19 pandemic so we can continue to save animals and help the people in our community! In order to keep our staff and the public safe, we have made some changes to the way we operate:
- None of our buildings are open to the public. We are doing curbside meet and greets by appointment only during our normal business hours: Mon-Fri 11am-6pm, Sat 11am-5pm.
- ALL visitors, including children, must wear masks if they plan to interact with our staff or the animals. If you are not wearing a mask, you will not be allowed to keep your appointment.
- We maintain 6 ft social distancing between people at all times – no touching, no hugging, no hand shaking, no elbow bumping.
- If you are interested in adopting or fostering a dog, check out the available animals on our website or Facebook page, and make a list of those that interest you. Complete an online application, and then call us at 254-754-1454 to make an appointment. If you rent your home, you should also download the Landlord Permission Form and complete that before your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, do not approach the front door. Call the front desk to let us know you arrived and we will come out to greet you, and you can let us know which dogs interest you. If you don’t have a list, that’s okay! We can match you with several dogs to choose from. We will then bring the dogs out to meet you and you can complete the paperwork for the dog you want, either outside or in your car. Remember to bring your own dogs and children to the meet and greet to make sure the dog you choose is a good match.
- If you are interested in adopting or fostering a cat, complete an online application, and then call us at 254-754-1454 to make an appointment. If you rent your home, you should also download the Landlord Permission Form and complete that before your appointment. We only show cats from 2-3pm each day. When you arrive for your appointment, do not approach the front door. Call the front desk to let us know you arrived and we will come out to escort you to the cat house.
- If your dog was picked up by Animal Control and you would like to reclaim it, you will go through the gate between the two buildings, turn left, and ring the bell outside the door to the intake building. They will give you paperwork showing the amount you owe for the reclaim fee. You will bring the paperwork back up to the adoption building and knock on the door. We will take your paperwork and payment while you wait outside. You will bring your receipt back to intake to pick up your dog. If you cannot afford the reclaim fee, we MAY be able to help by providing you with a loan for up to half of the amount.
- If you would like to surrender your dog to the shelter, please call us at 254-754-1454 so we can help you keep the dog in your home. We have resources available to help you!
- If you would like to volunteer at HSCTX once we are back to normal operating procedures, please register as a member at https://givepul.se/k06ocw. We will send you information about training and events as they become available.