Since June 2007, Community Cat Action Team (formerly Heart of Texas Feral Friends) has helped compassionate citizens in Greater Waco and Central Texas with Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) resources, services and support.
The organization works closely with the:
Animal Birth Control Clinic
3238 Clay Ave., Waco TX 76711.
TNR humanely STOPS THE CYCLE of feral/free-roaming cat overpopulation and makes our community a better place to live, work and play.
Community cats action team's Goals:
- Offer a "no-kill" humane alternative to our community through Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR);
- Stop the breeding of unwanted feral kittens born each year;
- Reduce the number of feral/free-roaming cats taken to the Waco Humane Society;
- Train and empower feral cat caregivers to TNR and manage their own colonies;
- Educate the public about the benefits of TNR; Mitigate nuisance calls to Animal Control with simple, inexpensive property-protecting tips; and,
- Unify those who want to ensure the safety of our community without having to destory healthy free-roaming cats.
The Humane Society of Central Texas
We are contracting partners with the City of Waco at the Animal Shelter at 2032 Circle Road. We provide adoption, rescue and foster opportunities for the homeless animals at the Animal Shelter, as well as community education regarding responsible pet ownership.
Donate today and help us save more lives. There are so many different ways you can help!
THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF CENTRAL TEXAS IS A PROUD RECIPIENT OF FUNDING FROM MADDIE'S FUND®, HELPING TO ACHIEVE A NO-KILL NATION #THANKSTOMADDIE.