Sign up to volunteer
READY TO VOLUNTEER? GREAT! LET'S GET STARTED! IT'S AS EASY
AS 1, 2, 3, 4 ! Signing up is done in the four easy steps below:
- Filling out the volunteer inquiry form
- Watching the training video;
- Attend an in-person onsite orientation
- Pick up a background check form, which has to be signed in front of and verfied by a Notary Public
To volunteer for the Humane Society of Central Texas, first fill out the volunteer inquiry form below. This just lets us know who you are, what you are interested in doing, and when you would like to help out. Fill it out by clicking the black button below!
Volunteers help save the lives of thousands of animals each year by assisting in the direct care of animals, fundraising, reaching out to the community and fostering animals in their home.
To volunteer, we kindly ask that:
- You be at least 16 years of age. (16-17 year-olds must have a signed waiver by his/her legal guardian.
- Print form here. Pick up background-check form, fill out and sign in front of, and have varified by a Notary Public.
- Be able to fulfill all responsibilities independently.
- Be committed to the mission & values of the Humane Society of Central Texas.
- Fill out the Volunteer Inquiry form below, watch the training video in Step Two, and sign up for in-person orientation in Step Three.
If you have any questions, please call us at 254-754-1454. Thank you!
FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF CENTRAL TEXAS FOR YOUR COMMUNITY SERVICE RESTITUTION (CSR) HOURS.
*Note that CSR only applies to individuals needing hours due to a court-order to make restitution for a minor traffic ticket.
- Call 254-754-1454 to verify that your charges do not disqualify you. Disqualifying charges are any and all, other than at ticket for minor speeding, or running a stop light or red light without causing an accident.
- Be 18 or older to complete CSR hours.
- Pass a background check. Please pick up an application which has to be signed and verified by a notary public.
- Treat animals in our care with kindness and have concern for their welfare.
- Represent yourself , the Humane Society of Central Texas and the City of Waco Animal Shelter itself in a professional manner and treat everyone with respect.
- Be able to complete all duties independently.
- Read and sign waiver below.
- Fill out the Community Service Inquiry form below, watch the training video in Step Two, and attend an in-person orientation in Step Three.
Don't forget to fill out the Community Service Inquiry form below before proceeding to Step Two.
The Humane Society of Central Texas
We are contracting partners with the City of Waco at the Animal Shelter at 2032 Circle Road. We provide adoption, rescue and foster opportunities for the homeless animals at the Animal Shelter, as well as community education regarding responsible pet ownership.
Donate today and help us save more lives. There are so many different ways you can help!
THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF CENTRAL TEXAS IS A PROUD RECIPIENT OF FUNDING FROM MADDIE'S FUND®, HELPING TO ACHIEVE A NO-KILL NATION #THANKSTOMADDIE.